Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility Guide for COVID-19
Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility is staying proactive during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are making efforts to prevent the virus from entering our facility due to the impact it would have on our residents. We have put procedures in place as recommended by the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology), and AHCA (American Health Care Association.)
From Our Family to Yours
During this time of uncertainty, we would like to provide you with peace of mind. If you would like to learn more about our facility, our procedures, and plans, please do not hesitate to contact us.
At this time, we have implemented the following protocols and precautionary measures:
- Touchless paper towel stations were added around the facility
- Introduced R-Zero hospital grade UV-C disinfection unit that kills 99.99% of pathogens including coronavirus.
- Introduced REME-HALO whole in-duct air purifier to improve the facilities’ indoor air quality.
- We now have open visitation with screening and maintaining CMS core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention.
- The residents participate in communal dining, beautician services, group activities, and outings following core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Infection Prevention staff regularly monitors the CDC site for community transmission level data and adjusts personnel testing and PPE requirements accordingly.
- We offer regularly scheduled in-house COVID-19 vaccination clinics providing our staff and residents with continued access to vaccines.
- Continue to provide education to staff, residents, and visitors regarding the latest COVID-19 information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What is the plan at Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility to protect residents from COVID-19?
A. We have built an internal response plan based on guidelines provided by the CDC for Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facilities. The response plan includes:
- Monitoring, identifying and managing ill residents.
- Considerations for visitors and consultant staff.
- Supplies and resources.
- Sick leave policies and other occupational health considerations.
- Education & training for employees, consultants, and residents.
Q.What other measures is Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility taking?
A. Per guidance from the CDC and in an abundance of caution, we have placed the following guidelines into place effective immediately.
- Implement active screening of residents, visitors, and health care personnel for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Remind residents and employees to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
Q. What happens if there is a diagnosis at Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility?
A. If we find that a resident, employee or third party contractor has tested positive for COVID-19, residents and emergency contacts will be notified.
Q. How does the testing process work in your state?
A. We are closely following recommendations for testing based on the guidelines provided by our State.
Ohio – https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home
Q. How can I visit or see my loved one?
A. We are encouraging virtual visits via FaceTime, Skype and other video calling tools to help prevent social isolation and loneliness. Our Facility is currently able to assist with the following tools:
- How to use FaceTime – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380
- How to use Skype – https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11098/how-do-i-get-started-with-skype
Q. Is Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility currently conducting tours and accepting move-ins?
A. At this time, we are conducting tours. If you would like to set up a phone appointment to discuss options for a new resident, please contact our Administrator.
We are accepting move-ins at this time, unless we are advised to implement new move-in procedures by public health officials.
Other Questions and Resources:
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
How does the virus spread?
What are the necessary precautions for at-risk and older adults?:
Stay Up to Date With Salem Circle of Care
Follow us on the Circle of Care Salem Facebook Page for Updates
- Visit our “News” portion of our website for general information and updates.
Circle of Care Skilled Nursing Facility is continuing to closely monitor recommendations from the CDC and will act quickly and accordingly to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. We thank you all for your patience, support, and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Please Note. This page was last updated 4/1/2022. We will continue to monitor and make changes based on recommendations of the state and CDC. This page may not reflect all actions taken by the Facility.